Saffron and mint yogurt
- July 2007
- Serves 8
- Hands on time 12 mins, plus infusing
This special dip recipe of saffron, mint and Greek yoghurt goes great with the Moroccan Mechoui lamb – or on its own as a veggie treat.
- 2.3g (1.3g saturated)
- 0.7g (0.5g sugars)
- Trace salt
- Small pinch of saffron strands
- 1 garlic clove
- 200g natural Greek yogurt
- 15g fresh mint leaves, chopped
- Put the saffron into a small bowl. Cover with 1 tablespoon just-boiled water and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Crush the garlic. Add to the yogurt with mint. Strain over the saffron liquid, season and stir. Set aside covered, to infuse for 1 hour.
- Just before dishing up, stir again and serve with the barbecued lamb.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Italian starter recipes
Baked ‘nduja and burrata dip with olive breadsticks
Our ‘nduja and burrata dip is easy to make so, if you don’t have time...