- October 2011
- Serves 4
- 15 minutes to make, 50 minutes to cook
Donal Skehan’s sausage roast recipe is easy to prepare and can be made in advance.
- Dairy-free recipes
- 20.4g (7.1g saturated)
- 30.2g (17.5g sugars)
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled and chopped into chunks
- 8 large, good quality sausages
- 1 garlic bulb with the top sliced off
- 2 large carrots, chopped into chunks
- 2 red onions, quartered
- 75ml red wine
- 1 tbsp English mustard powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp honey
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. Add the squash, sausages, garlic bulb, carrots and red onions to a large roasting tin.
- Pour over the wine and sprinkle with the mustard powder and oregano, then drizzle with the honey. Season, give everything a good toss to coat, then roast for 45-50 minutes. Squeeze the garlic out of its skins. Serve straight from the roasting tin, spooning over any cooking juices.
Rate & review
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...