Sesame seed crusted chicken stir-fry
- November 2009
- Serves 4
- Takes 20 minutes to make, 15 minutes to cook
The sesame seeds add a delicious crunchy twist to chicken in this quick and easy stir-fry recipe.
- Dairy-free recipes
- 33.4g (7.2g saturated)
- 12.6g (9.9g sugar)
- 1 large free-range egg
- 100g pack sesame seeds
- 3 skinless chicken breasts, thickly sliced
- 400g pack Thai ribbon noodles (such as Sharwood’s Stir-fry Pad Thai Noodles, from Tesco and Waitrose)
- 3 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 small red chilli, deseeded and finely diced
- 1 each red and yellow pepper, sliced
- 130g (½ x 260g pack) mixed sliced runner beans and peas
- 300g pack Chinese stir-fry vegetables (from major supermarkets)
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- ½ tsp caster sugar
- Juice of 1 lime, plus lime wedges, to garnish
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- Place the egg in a bowl, lightly whisk and season with salt and pepper. Pour the sesame seeds into a separate bowl. Dip the chicken slices in the egg, then roll them in the sesame seeds.
- Place the noodles in a bowl and cover with boiling water. Soak for 5 minutes, then use a fork to loosen and separate the noodles. Drain.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tbsp of the sesame oil in a frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add the sesame chicken, and cook for 5 minutes until golden all over and cooked through.
- Heat another 1 tbsp sesame oil in a wok or the frying pan over a high heat, and quickly stir-fry the garlic and chilli for 30 seconds, then add the peppers and cook for 1 minute. Add the mixed beans and peas, then the Chinese vegetables, and cook for a further 3-4 minutes.
- Make a dressing by mixing together the soy sauce, caster sugar, lime juice, vinegar and remaining sesame oil. Pour over the stir-fried vegetables and heat through. Divide the noodles among bowls, top with the vegetables and chicken, and serve with lime wedges.
Stir-fries are great for using up leftover vegetables. Carrots, courgettes and shallots are all perfect substitutes or additions.
Rate & review
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...