Smoked salmon and fresh prawn platter with mint and orange
- January 2005
- 400-450g packet sliced smoked salmon
- 36 large cooked fresh prawns
- 2 bags tangerines or satsumas
- 200g tub fromage frais
- Good bunch fresh mint
- Arrange 2 slices of good-quality smoked salmon and 5 large cooked and peeled prawns on each plate.
- In a small bowl, put 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise and 1 tablespoon of fromage frais per serving and stir well.
- Add a good squeeze of tangerine or satsuma juice – enough to give the dressing the consistency of lightly whipped double cream.
- Stir in a small handful of chopped fresh mint.
- Spoon onto each plate and serve garnished with fresh mint leaves, an unpeeled prawn and a tangerine or satsuma half.
Rate & review
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter