Smoked salmon and fresh prawn platter with mint and orange
- January 2005
- 400-450g packet sliced smoked salmon
- 36 large cooked fresh prawns
- 2 bags tangerines or satsumas
- 200g tub fromage frais
- Good bunch fresh mint
- Arrange 2 slices of good-quality smoked salmon and 5 large cooked and peeled prawns on each plate.
- In a small bowl, put 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise and 1 tablespoon of fromage frais per serving and stir well.
- Add a good squeeze of tangerine or satsuma juice – enough to give the dressing the consistency of lightly whipped double cream.
- Stir in a small handful of chopped fresh mint.
- Spoon onto each plate and serve garnished with fresh mint leaves, an unpeeled prawn and a tangerine or satsuma half.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Salmon fillet recipes
Confit salmon with mint and coriander chutney and pomegranate and pistachio chaat
”Confit is a classic French technique in which fish or meat is submerged in fat...
Smoked salmon and dill drop scones with lemon crème fraîche
This recipe is so versatile – you can freeze the scones and they’re great for...
Showstopping salmon recipes
Nathan Outlaw’s brandy-cured salmon with Yuletide slaw
Nathan Outlaw cures salmon with brandy in this Christmas-appropriate recipe – and a fabulous salmon...