Spiced lamb chops and herby quinoa
- March 2012
- Serves 2
- Takes 10 minutes to make, 12 minutes to cook, plus 10 minutes marinating
This clever spicy lamb and herby quinoa recipe uses time-saving products to make midweek cooking quick and easy. Eat it for dinner or pack it up in a tupperware for a lunch less ordinary.
- 1-2 tbsp (depending how hot you like it) Bart Berbere spice mix
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 4 organic lamb cutlets or chops (from most supermarkets or butchers)
- 225g pack Food Doctor Easy Grains Organic Quinoa (from Waitrose, Tesco and thefooddoctor.com), or similar
- Small bunch each of fresh parsley, mint and coriander, chopped
- Small handful each of toasted pine nuts and pomegranate seeds
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan160°C/gas 4. In a bowl, combine the spice mix and 2 tbsp of the oil. Rub all over the lamb, then set aside to marinate for at least 10 minutes.
- Heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a non-stick frying pan over a high heat and sear the lamb on both sides for 2 minutes or until golden all over.
- Transfer to a baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes (for slightly pink meat), remove and rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- Meanwhile, add the quinoa to the frying pan with the remaining 1 tbsp oil and cook for a few minutes to heat through and absorb the lamb juices.
- Transfer to a dish and stir through the herbs, pine nuts and pomegranate seeds. Season and serve with the lamb, plus any resting juices.
Rate & review