Spring onion pissaladière
- March 2011
- Serves 2
- Takes 15 minutes to make, 20 minutes to cook
This spring onion pissaladière is a delicious and quick alternative to pizza.
- 3 tbsp basil-infused extra-virgin olive oil
- 100g Waitrose Ready To Go Red Onion (pre-sliced)
- 1 bunch of trimmed spring onions, sliced
- 2 x 145g sachets pizza base mix
- 100g H Forman & Son Marinated Anchovies with Garlic, or similar
- 3 tbsp pitted black olives, halved
- Fresh basil to serve
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/fan200°C/gas 7.
- Heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a pan over a medium heat and soften the red onion for 8 minutes, then stir through the spring onions.
- Meanwhile, tip the pizza base mix into a bowl, add 200ml lukewarm water and bring together to make a soft dough. Knead for 5 minutes until smooth, then roll out and place in an oiled tin, around 20cm x 30cm, pressing the dough right into the corners.
- Spoon the softened onion over the dough, scatter over the anchovies and olives, then rest it in a warm place for 5-10 minutes.
- Drizzle with 1 tbsp basil oil, grind over some black pepper, then bake for 15 minutes until golden.
- Drizzle with more oil and scatter with basil leaves to serve.
Rate & review