Spring onion pissaladière
- March 2011
- Serves 2
- Takes 15 minutes to make, 20 minutes to cook
This spring onion pissaladière is a delicious and quick alternative to pizza.
- 3 tbsp basil-infused extra-virgin olive oil
- 100g Waitrose Ready To Go Red Onion (pre-sliced)
- 1 bunch of trimmed spring onions, sliced
- 2 x 145g sachets pizza base mix
- 100g H Forman & Son Marinated Anchovies with Garlic, or similar
- 3 tbsp pitted black olives, halved
- Fresh basil to serve
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/fan200°C/gas 7.
- Heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a pan over a medium heat and soften the red onion for 8 minutes, then stir through the spring onions.
- Meanwhile, tip the pizza base mix into a bowl, add 200ml lukewarm water and bring together to make a soft dough. Knead for 5 minutes until smooth, then roll out and place in an oiled tin, around 20cm x 30cm, pressing the dough right into the corners.
- Spoon the softened onion over the dough, scatter over the anchovies and olives, then rest it in a warm place for 5-10 minutes.
- Drizzle with 1 tbsp basil oil, grind over some black pepper, then bake for 15 minutes until golden.
- Drizzle with more oil and scatter with basil leaves to serve.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Lettuce risotto with spring onion, lemon and goat’s cheese
This quick risotto recipe is all about the fresh spring flavours of the lettuce and...
Sweet potato recipes
Quick spring green, sweet potato and chilli frittata
Frittata, made with spring greens, creamy goat’s cheese, sweet potato and a kick of chilli...