Steamed veg with sautéd onion, garlic, lemon and tarragon dressing
- December 2016
- Serves 6
- Hands-on time 15-20 min, simmering time 20 min, oven time 35 min
Give your green vegetables a French twist and serve them with a garlic, lemon and tarragon dressing.
- 14g (2.1g saturated)
- 10.9g (6.9g sugars)
- no salt
- A glug of olive oil
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- Finely grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- A bunch of roughly chopped fresh tarragon
- 5 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 500g sliced leeks
- 1 broccoli, separated into florets (slice thick stems)
- 200g frozen peas
- Put a large pan, half full of water, on to boil. Meanwhile, make the dressing. Put a medium frying pan over a medium heat and pour in a glug of olive oil. Add the chopped onion and fry for 10 minutes, then add the crushed garlic. Cook for 2-3 minutes more, then tip into a large serving bowl and mix lemon zest and juice, roughly chopped tarragon and extra-virgin olive oil. Season to taste.
- When the water is just boiling, put a colander or steamer over it (not touching the water). Add the leeks, broccoli and frozen peas. Cover and steam for 3-4 minutes until just cooked but still crunchy (you may need to do this in batches). Tip the steamed veg into the bowl that contains the dressing, then toss well and serve.
Make the dressing up to 24 hours in advance and set aside, covered, in the fridge. Bring to room temperature before mixing with the veg.
Rate & review
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...