Sticky sesame and soy chicken tray bake
- March 2018
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 20 min, oven time 35-40 min
None of the fuss but all of the flavour is what you get from this sticky sesame and soy chicken tray bake. Just combine all the ingredients, pour over the chicken and pop in the oven until caramelised.
- Dairy-free recipes
- 8.9g (2.1g saturated)
- 50.6g (10.2g sugars)
- 4 chicken legs, skin-on
- 3 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 large star anise, crushed
- 3cm piece fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 tsp honey
- 2 oranges, 1 sliced, 1 juiced
- 200g basmati rice
- 200g spring greens, sliced
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- Heat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan/gas 4. Heat a shallow flameproof casserole over a medium heat, add the chicken legs and brown all over. Mix the soy sauce, star anise, ginger, sesame oil, honey and orange juice in a small bowl, then pour over the chicken in the casserole. Add the orange slices and roast for 35-40 minutes or until golden and cooked through, basting with the juices halfway through.
- Meanwhile, cook the rice in boiling salted water for 12 minutes or according to the packet instructions. Once the chicken legs are cooked, stir the spring greens into the sauce and return to the oven for another 2 minutes to wilt.
- Serve the chicken legs with the rice and greens, sprinkled with the spring onions.
Use skin-on chicken thighs instead of legs if you prefer; you’ll need 2 per person.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Honey and soy-glazed steaks with mango and chilli salsa
The fresh, juicy mango salsa, with a hint of chilli, perfectly complements the succulent barbecued...
Caramel soy roasted vegetables
Butternut squash, parsnips, carrots, sweet potatoes and aubergines are roasted together in a sticky caramel...