Tapenade lamb with butter bean mash
- October 2006
- Serves 4
- Ready in 35 minutes
Lamb doesn’t have to be expensive, as this easy lamb shoulder chops recipe with a tapenade marinade shows.
- 16.5g (5.9g saturated)
- 33g (3.7g sugar)
- 2 tsp tapenade (olive paste)
- 1 tbsp capers, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 lamb shoulder chops (we used ASDA Smartprice)
- 3 x 410g cans butter beans, drained and rinsed
- 600ml vegetable stock, hot
- 2 garlic cloves
- Mixed peppercorns, crushed, to serve (optional)
- Mix the tapenade, capers and olive oil together in a small bowl. Brush the marinade over the lamb chops and set aside to marinate.
- Put the butter beans, stock and garlic into a saucepan. Bring to the boil and simmer for 15 minutes. Whizz using a hand blender or mash really well, until smooth. Season to taste and keep warm.
- Heat a griddle pan until hot. Add the chops and cook for 5-8 minutes, turning, until cooked to your liking.
- Spoon the butter bean mash on 4 plates, season with crushed mixed peppercorns, if you like, and place a lamb chop on top. Serve with steamed green beans on the side.
Dried butter beans are a cheaper option – just soak them in water overnight before cooking. If you can’t get hold of shoulder chops you can use loin or chump chops but they are more expensive.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Recipes that will make you excited for autumn
Spicy butterbean, chickpea and butternut squash stew
Enjoy this vegetarian stew recipe, made with butternut squash, butterbeans and chickpeas, as a healthy...
Summer salads and sides
Braised fennel and butter beans with gremolata oil and cheese crisps
A high-fibre, vegetarian recipe with strong aniseed flavours complimented by zesty, garlicky gremolata.
Recipes with tinned beans
One-pot pancetta stew with butter beans and chorizo
Simmer chorizo, butter beans and pancetta in a chipotle-spiced tomato sauce to make this hearty...