Veg and feta bubble and squeak
- July 2010
- Serves 2
- Takes 15 minutes to make, 30 minutes to cook, plus cooling
This quick bubble and squeak recipe is great for using up leftover mash.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 385g pack ready-to-microwave new potatoes with herbs and butter
- 125g mixed frozen spring veg
- Handful fresh mint leaves, chopped, or 1 tsp mint sauce
- 3 spring onions, chopped
- 100g vegetarian feta, crumbled
- 1 large free-range egg, beaten
- Cook the potatoes according to the pack instructions until tender. Cook the mixed veg in boiling water until just tender. Drain, run under cold water, then drain again. Roughly mash the potato and stir in the chopped mint (or mint sauce), cooked veg and spring onion. Add the feta and season well, then add the beaten egg and stir to combine.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. Heat 1 tbsp olive oil and a knob of butter in a 20cm ovenproof frying pan (or cake tin), add the mixture and press into the pan or tin to cover the base. Fry for 2 minutes over a medium heat, then cook in the oven for 20 minutes. Allow to cool for 10 minutes before slicing into wedges. Serve immediately with salad.
Rate & review