Yogurt and harissa chicken and rice salad
- June 2010
- Serves 4
- Takes 20 min to make, 20-25 min to cook, plus marinating
A healthy chicken recipe, with a hint of North African flavours, this makes a great light supper to eat as the sun sets.
- 17.2g (4.5g saturated)
- 43.8g (2.9g sugar)
- 4 boneless free-range chicken thighs, with skin
- 2 tbsp rose harissa, plus extra to serve (we like Belazu, from Waitrose)
- 100ml Greek yogurt, plus extra to serve
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Small bunch of fresh mint leaves, roughly chopped if leaves are large
- 250g basmati and wild rice
- ½ cucumber, deseeded and chopped
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- Juice of 1 lime
- Handful fresh coriander leaves
- Place the chicken in a dish with the harissa, yogurt, garlic, olive oil and mint. Season and mix together to coat the chicken. Set aside to marinate for at least 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the rice in boiling salted water for 10-12 minutes until tender, then drain, refresh under cold water and drain again. Place in a bowl and add the cucumber, chilli, sesame oil and lime juice.
- Preheat the grill to high. Place the chicken on a baking sheet and grill for 4-5 minutes on each side until golden and cooked through. Slice up and mix half of the chicken into the rice salad, then top with the remaining chicken. Garnish with a few coriander leaves. Mix some yogurt with a little harissa pastein a small bowl and serve with the chicken salad.
Rate & review
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter