Produce Awards 2018: Scotland regional judging
The expert team of judges taste-tested their way through all the fabulous shortlisted products (see the bottom of the age), from the region, in this year’s Produce Awards.
A huge thank you to ALL the producers who entered and who’ve made it as far as the shortlist.
Which products are going through to the national final?
10 products were selected by the judges to go forward to the national final in October, to be held at London’s Borough Market, and these are:
- Dunnet Bay Distillers Holy Grass Vodka
- Skipness Smokehouse Traditional Cold Smoked Salmon
- Skipness Smokehouse Undyed Smoked Haddock
- Deverick Dairy Fet Like
- Ardross Farm Shop Grass-Fed Beef Ribeye Steak
- Charles Mcleod Sornaway Black Pudding
- Mr C’s Hand-crafted Pies Mutton with Capers and
- Mr C’s Hand-crafted Pies Traditional Pork Pie
- Heather Hills Farm Scottish Raspberry Jam and
- Heather Hills Farm Scottish Heather Honey
Fiona Burrell – Co-principal of Leith’s School of Food & Wine 1991-1995, the author/co-author of numerous books, who set up the Edinburgh New Town Cookery School in 2009.
Sue Lawrence – Winner of BBC’s Masterchef in 1991, who writes a regular column for Scotland on Sunday, as well as and was one of the food experts on STV’s ‘The Hour.’
Mark Heirs – A private chef and consultant, who has worked at the 3 Michelin star Fat Duck, and was a quarter finalist on the first series of BBC’s Masterchef The Professionals in 2008.
Fiona Richmond – Head of Regional Food for Scotland Food & Drink.
- Grass-fed Beef
- Stornoway Black Pudding
- Holy Grass Vodka
- Cracking Kimchi
- Stoatin Sauerkraut
- Pure, Dead, Brilliant
- Scottish Raspberry Jam
- Scottish Heather Honey
- Mutton with Capers Pie
- Pork Pie
- Traditional Cold Smoked Salmon
- Fish Pie
- Fish Soup
- Undyed Smoked Haddock
- Hot Smoked Salmon
- Course Smoked Salmon Pate
- Whisky-Infused Cold Smoked Salmon
- Cullen Skink
- Fet Like
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...