Produce Awards 2018: Wales regional judging
The expert team of judges taste-tested their way through all the fabulous shortlisted products from the region, in this year’s Produce Awards.
A huge thank you to ALL the producers who entered and who’ve made it as far as the shortlist.
Which products are going through to the national final?
Nine products were selected by the judges to go forward to the national final in October, to be held at London’s Borough Market, and these are:
- St David’s Kitchen Fillet of St David’s Welsh Black Beef
- The Preservation Society Blissfully Blackcurrant Sirop
- St David’s Kitchen Crab & Lobster Pate
- Seren’s Kitchen lemon, Gin & Cucumber Jelly Marmalade
- Hallets Cider Hallets Real Perry
- Hallets Cider Hallets Real Cider
- The Preservation Society Candied Jalapeños
- Dyfi Distillery Pollination Gin
- Barti Ddu Seaweed Spiced Rum
Lindy Wildsmith – A food writer, teacher and cook who specialises in British country and Italian regional food.
Elisabeth Luard – Author, illustrator, tv presenter and and recipient of The Guild of Foodwriters Lifetime Achievement Award 2016.
Franco Taruschio – Previous owner of The Walnut Tree Inn Abergavenny, who has co-authored 5 books and also holds an OBE for his services to the culinary industry.
Remember to use #produceawards18 on any social posts – we’d love to see them!
The shortlist who were all taste-tested…
- Halletts Real Cider
- Halletts Real Perry
- Moose Maple Butter
- Pink Gin Marmalade
- Bison Burger
- Seren’s Secret Marmalade
- Tropical Nut & Gluten Free Fruit Cake with Nut Free Marzipan & Icing
- Old Fashioned Pickled Onions – Hot & Crunchy
- Lemon, Gin & Cucumber Jelly Marmalade
- Welsh Strawberry Jam with Honeysuckle Wine
- Fillet of St David’s Welsh Black Beef
- Mangalista ‘Nduja’
- Crab & Lobster Pate
- White Sourdough
- Captain Cat’s Mor Seasoning
- Blissfully Blackcurrant Sirop
- Candied Jalapeños