Chicken tartiflette video recipe
This cheesy, gratin-style dish sees creamy chicken and bacon topped with crispy potatoes, then baked until bubbling perfection.
Want to make it yourself? Get the full recipe
- Slice the potatoes 3mm thick and simmer in salted water for 5 minutes until just tender. Drain. Put the spinach in a colander, pour over freshly boiled water from a kettle to wilt, then refresh under cold running water and squeeze dry.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium heat and soften the onion, stirring, for 8 minutes. Stir through the garlic and cook for 2 minutes more, then remove to a bowl. Add the bacon to the pan and fry until starting to crisp. Add to the onion, then stir through the flour.
- Lightly grease a large ovenproof dish (about 2 litres) with butter. Mix the cream with the stock and season.
- Layer the potato, onion and bacon, spinach, shredded chicken and half of the cheese, pouring over the cream sauce as you go. Finish with a layer of potatoes. Season with salt.
- Bake for 30 minutes, then scatter over the remaining Reblochon and return to the oven for 10-15 minutes more until golden and piping hot.
Or go heavy on the bacon with our slow-cooked smoky bacon tartiflette recipe.
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine this month for a half price subscriptionSubscribe