Adraki lamb chops with spiced potato mash
- July 2007
- 8 best-end trimmed lamb chops
For the marinade
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3cm piece fresh ginger, grated
- ½ tsp each turmeric and garam masala
- 1 tsp each cumin and coriander seeds, toasted
- 2 tbsp natural yogurt
- 1 green chilli , finely chopped
- Juice of ½ lemon
For the mash
- 600g maris piper potatoes, quartered
- 50g butter
- 1 tsp black mustard seeds
- 2 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- 1 large ripe tomato, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp double cream
- Small bunch od fresh coriander, chopped
- Combine the marinade ingredients in a shallow bowl. Add the lamb and turn to coat. Cover and chill overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan160°C/gas 4. Put the lamb chops on a rack over a roasting tin. Cook for 20 minutes for medium, then rest for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, boil the potatoes until tender. Drain, mash and set aside. Melt the butter in a small frying pan, add the mustard seeds, garlic and tomato. Cook for about 1 minute. Fold into the potato with the cream and coriander. Season.
- Serve the lamb chops with the mash and some mint raita on the side.
Rate & review
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter