Easy lamb tagine
- December 2008
- Serves 4
- Takes 10 minutes to make and 50 minutes-1 hour to cook
This easy Moroccan lamb tagine is a great recipe for using up storecupboard spices – cumin, ginger, coriander and cinnamon. It’s low in calories too.
- Dairy-free recipes
- 17.1g (4.4g saturated)
- 16.1g (13.7g sugar)
- 400g lamb leg steaks
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 200ml chicken stock (we like Knorr)
- 100g pitted prunes
- 1 tbsp ground almonds
- A handful chopped fresh coriander
- Brown 400g lamb leg steaks, cubed, in 2 tbsp olive oil in a pan. Set aside. Add 1 onion, sliced, and 2 garlic cloves, chopped, to the pan and fry for 5 minutes.
- Add 2 tsp each ground coriander and cumin, 1 tsp ground ginger and a pinch of cinnamon, and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the lamb and a 400g can chopped tomatoes and 200ml chicken stock. Add 100g pitted prunes, chopped. Simmer for 40-45 minutes.
- Stir in 1 tbsp ground almonds and a handful chopped fresh coriander. Serve with herby couscous.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Lamb cutlets with tumbet
This Spanish lamb recipe is taken from Nieves Barragan Mohacho’s new cookbook Sabor. It may...
May seasonal recipes
Lamb steaks with garlic, basil and spinach polenta
Garlic, spinach and basil is whizzed together to create a pesto-like sauce, before it’s stirred...