Apple and orange muesli
- January 2008
- Serves 6
- Takes 15 minutes to make, plus overnight chilling
Mix up your Sunday brunch routine with this healthy recipe for apple and orange muesli with blueberries, pecans and toasted coconut.
- 18.4g (5.8g saturated)
- 47.3g (21.5g sugars)
- 225g rolled porridge oats
- 200ml cloudy apple juice
- 2 small oranges
- 2 red-skinned dessert apples
- 225g whole milk natural yogurt
- 3 tbsp runny honey
- 75g toasted pecan nuts, broken up
- 150g blueberries
- 50g lightly toasted coconut flakes
- The night before serving, mix the oats, apple juice and 200ml cold water in a bowl and cover. Finely grate the zest of half an orange into a small bowl. Slice off the top and bottom of both oranges, then cut away all the skin and pith. Slice between the membranes to remove the fruit in skinless segments. Put in a separate bowl and cover. Chill all of the bowls overnight.
- The next morning, quarter, core and coarsely grate the apples. Stir into the oats along with the orange zest, yogurt and honey. Serve topped with the orange segments, pecans, blueberries, and coconut flakes.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Delicious recipes for one person
Poached egg, squash, mushrooms and kale on sourdough
A healthy meal for one that takes poached eggs on toast up a notch with...
Five-seed maple granola
There are few things that make you feel more virtuous than making this healthy five-seed...