- June 2006
- Makes about 35 crisps
- Takes 15 min to make and 4 hours to bake, plus cooling
Eat these more-ish apple crisps as a snack or use to decorate desserts or cakes
- 3.3g carbs (3.2g sugar)
- 90g caster sugar
- 11/2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 Golden Delicious apples
- Preheat the oven to 110°C/fan90°C/gas 1/4. Line 2 large baking trays with non-stick baking paper.
- Put the sugar, lemon juice and 90ml water in a pan over a low heat. Stir to dissolve. Bring to the boil and cook for 3-4 minutes until just syrupy. Set aside.
- Slice the apple finely, discarding the ends. Dip in the syrup with tongs, let the excess drip off and put on the trays in 1 layer. Repeat with a second apple. Bake for 4 hours, turning halfway, until dried. Transfer to a rack to cool and crisp.
Rate & review