Avocado, bacon and fried egg on toast
- January 2016
- Serves 2
- Hands-on time 20 min
Start your day in the right way with this simple breakfast recipe of avocado, streaky bacon and fried egg.
- 4-6 British free-range streaky bacon rashers
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- Roughly chopped fresh mint or coriander
- Juice of ½-1 lime
- 2 free-range eggs
- 2 slices of good, chewy bread
- Butter to spread
- Heat the oven to 220ºC/200ºC fan/gas 7. Lay the bacon rashers on a foil-lined baking tray and cook in the oven for 15-20 minutes, turning once, until crisp.
- Meanwhile, halve, stone and roughly mash the avocado. Stir in the red chilli, chopped mint or coriander and the lime juice to taste, into the mashed avocado. Season generously with salt and a little pepper.
- Fry the eggs to your liking in a drizzle of vegetable oil and toast the bread, then spread with butter. Divide the avocado mixture between the toast slices, then top with the bacon and a fried egg each. Serve immediately, while the butter is still oozing from beneath the avocado.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Courgettes with chilli-spiced yogurt and poached eggs
Courgettes are cooked in yogurt and chilli before being topped with perfectly poached eggs in...