- May 2012
- Serves 6
- Ready in 20 min
It only takes a little creativity to make this professional-looking dessert. As it uses a ready-made banana loaf, it’s ready in double quick time
- 27.6g (11.1g saturated)
- 53.7g (42.7g sugar)
- 1 425g ready made banana loaf
- 200ml dark spiced rum
- 6 tbsp dulce de leche (thick caramel sauce)
- 3 ripe bananas
- knob of butter
- sprinkling light muscovado sugar
- 6 tbsp double cream
- a little grated dark chocolate
- a few toasted chopped hazelnuts
- Slice a 425g banana loaf into 6 pieces, then soak in 200ml dark spiced rum (such as Captain Morgan). Cut each slice into thirds and divide among 6 glass tumblers. Add a generous spoonful of dulce de leche (thick caramel sauce) to each.
- Peel 3 ripe bananas. Slice them lengthways, then in half. Heat a knob of butter in a frying pan over a high heat. Sprinkle the 12 banana pieces with light muscovado sugar and fry, turning, until ?lightly caramelised.
- Top the trifles with the caramelised banana pieces and finish with a spoonful of lightly whipped double cream, a little grated dark chocolate and a few toasted chopped hazelnuts.
Rate & review