Tropical fruit meringues
- May 2012
- Serves 6
- Ready in 20 min
Stuck for a quick and easy pudding idea? Try these yummy meringues and add a tropical twist to your meal
- 28.7g (18.3g saturated)
- 30.8g (30.2g sugar)
- 425g tin pineapple rings
- 1 red chilli
- 300ml double cream
- 2 tbsp icing sugar
- 1 lime
- 6 ready-made meringue nests
- handful toasted coconut shavings
- Drain a 425g tin pineapple rings, reserving the syrup in a small pan. Deseed and finely dice 1 red chilli, then add to the reserved syrup. Over a medium heat, simmer for 3-4 minutes until thickened, then set aside to cool.
- Heat a griddle pan over a high heat, add the pineapple rings and griddle, in batches, for 30 seconds on each side until charred and caramelised. Remove and cut each ring into thirds.
- Whip 300ml double cream with 2 tbsp icing sugar, 2 tsp lime juice and a little finely grated lime zest until it forms soft peaks.
- Put 6 ready-made meringue nests on 6 plates. Top each with a spoonful of the lime cream, followed by 2-3 caramelised pineapple pieces and some toasted coconut shavings. Drizzle with the chilli syrup to serve.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Chilli pineapple with mascarpone and ginger biscuits
This pineapple dessert, with chilli and vanilla, is the perfect example of how you can...