- October 2013
- Serves 4
- Takes 10 minutes to make, plus overnight soaking
This healthy breakfast recipe is high in fibre and low in fat, designed to keep you going until lunchtime.
- 13.2g fat (2.9g saturated)
- 50.8g (19.5g sugars)
- 200g rolled porridge oats
- 200ml semi-skimmed milk
- 80ml apple juice
- 170g fruit yogurt (we used rhubarb), plus extra to top
- 1 large braeburn apple, cored and grated
- Handful each of mixed seeds, chopped almonds and fresh berries to top
- Honey to drizzle
- Put the oats, milk, apple juice, yogurt and apple in a sealable container, cover and leave to soak in the fridge overnight. When ready to serve, divide the mixture among bowls and top with extra yogurt, plus seeds, almonds, berries and a drizzle of honey. Serve immediately. It will keep, covered, in the fridge for 2 days.
You can chop and change with this versatile recipe – top with dried fruit and agave syrup, or use natural yogurt instead of fruit yogurt for a less sweet version.
Rate & review