- October 2013
- Serves 4
- Takes 10 minutes to make, plus overnight soaking
This healthy breakfast recipe is high in fibre and low in fat, designed to keep you going until lunchtime.
- 13.2g fat (2.9g saturated)
- 50.8g (19.5g sugars)
- 200g rolled porridge oats
- 200ml semi-skimmed milk
- 80ml apple juice
- 170g fruit yogurt (we used rhubarb), plus extra to top
- 1 large braeburn apple, cored and grated
- Handful each of mixed seeds, chopped almonds and fresh berries to top
- Honey to drizzle
- Put the oats, milk, apple juice, yogurt and apple in a sealable container, cover and leave to soak in the fridge overnight. When ready to serve, divide the mixture among bowls and top with extra yogurt, plus seeds, almonds, berries and a drizzle of honey. Serve immediately. It will keep, covered, in the fridge for 2 days.
You can chop and change with this versatile recipe – top with dried fruit and agave syrup, or use natural yogurt instead of fruit yogurt for a less sweet version.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Crunchy nutty granola
Celebrity chef Rachel Allen thinks these are “lovely with milk or natural yogurt.”
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...