Broccoli, cabbage, fennel and tuna salad
- February 2004
- 250g broccoli, cut into florets
- ¼ red cabbage, shredded
- 1 head of fennel, trimmed and finely sliced
- 50g wild rocket
- 2 tbsp sunflower or pumpkin seeds
- Finely grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 200g can tuna in olive oil
- Put the broccoli into a heatproof bowl with 2 tablespoons of water. Cover it with cling film and pierce several times. Microwave on high for 3 minutes. Arrange the cabbage, fennel and rocket on 2 serving plates.
- Heat a non-stick pan and dry-fry the seeds for a few minutes, turning as needed. Add the lemon juice, zest and olive oil to the pan and whisk to combine and warm through.
- Top the crunchy leaves with the drained tuna, then add the broccoli and drizzle over the warm dressing. Season with freshly ground black pepper to taste and serve.
Rate & review
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter