Brunch-style toad in the hole
- November 2006
- Serves 4
- Hands on time 20 mins, plus 20-25 mins oven time
Introducing our brunch toad in the hole! Cumberland sausages in Yorkshire pud batter are the perfect way to start the weekend.
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 8 Cumberland sausages
- 8 rashers smoked pancetta
- 1 x Yorkshire pudding batter
- 100g whole mushrooms
- 100g whole cherry tomatoes
- Heat the oil in a large, ovenproof dish and heat at 220°C/fan200°C/gas 7 for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, wrap each sausage in a rasher of smoked pancetta. Add to the dish, spaced apart, and cook for 15 minutes, until beginning to brown.
- Make some Yorkshire pudding batter (see recipe) and pour into the hot dish around the sausages.
- Dot with mushrooms and cherry tomatoes. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the batter is golden and risen and crisp around the edges. Serve hot with beef or onion gravy.
Rate & review
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter