Brunch-style toad in the hole
- November 2006
- Serves 4
- Hands on time 20 mins, plus 20-25 mins oven time
Introducing our brunch toad in the hole! Cumberland sausages in Yorkshire pud batter are the perfect way to start the weekend.
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 8 Cumberland sausages
- 8 rashers smoked pancetta
- 1 x Yorkshire pudding batter
- 100g whole mushrooms
- 100g whole cherry tomatoes
- Heat the oil in a large, ovenproof dish and heat at 220°C/fan200°C/gas 7 for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, wrap each sausage in a rasher of smoked pancetta. Add to the dish, spaced apart, and cook for 15 minutes, until beginning to brown.
- Make some Yorkshire pudding batter (see recipe) and pour into the hot dish around the sausages.
- Dot with mushrooms and cherry tomatoes. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the batter is golden and risen and crisp around the edges. Serve hot with beef or onion gravy.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Best of British recipes
Georgina Fuggle’s horseradish and tomato toad in the hole
Georgina Fuggle’s wonderful twist on the classic toad in the hole sees sausages wrapped in...