Cannellini bean, steak and blue cheese salad
- November 2011
- Serves 4
- 20 minutes to make
This warm cannellini bean, steak and blue cheese salad recipe is the ultimate quick and easy supper.
- 27.4g (9.5g saturated)
- 16.9g (1.3g sugars)
- 2 sirloin steaks
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 rosemary sprig
- 2 x 400g tins cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 heads of chicory, leaves separated
- 100g mild blue cheese, crumbled
- Preheat a large griddle pan over a high heat. Brush the steaks with 1 tbsp of the olive oil, rub with the rosemary, then griddle for 1-2 minutes on each side for medium-rare (or longer). Set aside to rest.
- Add the remaining olive oil to a saucepan and gently warm the beans, then transfer to a serving bowl. Whisk the garlic with the vinegar and extra-virgin olive oil, season with a pinch of sugar, salt and pepper. Pour over the beans.
- Slice the steaks and add them, with any resting juices, to the bowl, then add the chicory and cheese.
Rate & review