Cauliflower and coconut dhal
- November 2007
- Serves 2
- Ready in about 20 minutes
A quick and easy vegetarian dahl recipe, made with cauliflower and coconut cream, is ready in just 20 minutes.
- Dairy-free recipes
- 1 small cauliflower
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 tsp sambal oelek or mashed red chilli
- 300g pack chilled dhal
- 2 tbsp coconut cream
- A handful of chopped fresh coriander leaves
- Serve with warm naan bread, if you like.
- Discard the leaves and central core from cauliflower and break the rest into medium florets. Heat sunflower oil in a deep frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add the cauliflower and some seasoning and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes, until lightly browned in places.
- Add a splash of water, cover, turn the heat to low and cook gently for 6 minutes or until the cauliflower is just tender. Drain and set aside on a plate.
- Stir in sambal oelek or chilli from a jar to the pan, along with the dhal, coconut cream and the cauliflower. Stir, bring to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes.
- Scatter with a handful of chopped fresh coriander leaves and serve with warm naan bread and extra sambal oelek, if you like.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Whole baked cauliflower with pearl barley, wild mushrooms and cheese
An impressive cauliflower cheese-inspired recipe made heartier with pearl barley and wild mushrooms. This is...