Channa masala with white fish
- October 2013
- Serves 4
- Ready in 30 mins
Channa masala is a classic Indian curry made from chickpeas. We’ve topped it with pan-fried fish to make this a more filling meal.
- Dairy-free recipes
- 7.3g (0.8g saturated)
- 26.3g (5.4g sugars)
- 1 small onion, quartered
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2.5cm piece of ginger
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 green chilli, finely chopped
- 2 x 400g tinned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 400g chopped tomatos
- 4 sustainably sourced white fish fillets
- Chopped coriander leaves to serve
- Put the onion, garlic and ginger, grated, in a small food processor and whizz to a paste. Heat a little oil in a pan and fry the paste for a couple of minutes, then add the coriander, turmeric, garam masala and chilli. Add the chickpeas chopped tomatoes. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a little vegetable oil in a frying pan. Season both sides of the fish and, when the oil is hot, fry the fish fillets, skin-side down, for 2-3 minutes until crisp and golden. Turn over and fry for a further 2 minutes on the other side. Toss chopped coriander leaves through the chickpeas, divide among plates, then top with the fried fish.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...