Cheat’s chicken and vegetable tagine with lemon couscous
- September 2009
- Serves 2
- Ready in 15 minutes
A chicken tagine for two – ready in 15 minutes. You can also try small, peeled raw prawns instead of chicken.
- Dairy-free recipes
- 100g couscous
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 150ml hot chicken stock
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 2 free-range skinless chicken breasts, sliced
- 20g tub Easy Bean Moroccan Tagine
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh coriander leaves
- Place the couscous in a bowl and mix with 1 tbsp olive oil and the zest of 1 lemon. Pour over hot chicken stock, stir and cover for 5 minutes. Fluff up the grains with a fork, stir in the juice of ½ lemon and season well with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Heat another 2 tbsp olive oil in a frying pan over a medium-high heat and cook 2 free-range skinless chicken breasts, sliced, for 5 minutes until browned. Pour in the tub of Easy Bean Moroccan Tagine and cook for 5 minutes, then stir in 3 tbsp chopped fresh coriander leaves and serve on the couscous.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Midweek meal recipes
Vietnamese herb salad with tamarind and honey glazed beef
Juicy tamarind and honey glazed steak, crunchy vegetables, roasted peanuts and a bounty of fresh...
Salmon fillet recipes
Easy mustard and dill salmon with new potatoes and asparagus
Sometimes simplicity really is best and this classic spring combination of salmon, asparagus and new...