Cheat’s chicken and vegetable tagine with lemon couscous
- September 2009
- Serves 2
- Ready in 15 minutes
A chicken tagine for two – ready in 15 minutes. You can also try small, peeled raw prawns instead of chicken.
- Dairy-free recipes
- 100g couscous
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 150ml hot chicken stock
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 2 free-range skinless chicken breasts, sliced
- 20g tub Easy Bean Moroccan Tagine
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh coriander leaves
- Place the couscous in a bowl and mix with 1 tbsp olive oil and the zest of 1 lemon. Pour over hot chicken stock, stir and cover for 5 minutes. Fluff up the grains with a fork, stir in the juice of ½ lemon and season well with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Heat another 2 tbsp olive oil in a frying pan over a medium-high heat and cook 2 free-range skinless chicken breasts, sliced, for 5 minutes until browned. Pour in the tub of Easy Bean Moroccan Tagine and cook for 5 minutes, then stir in 3 tbsp chopped fresh coriander leaves and serve on the couscous.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Moroccan-spiced lamb steaks
This Moroccan inspired recipe offers a healthy alternative to steak and chips – a simple...
Salmon fillet recipes
Easy mustard and dill salmon with new potatoes and asparagus
Sometimes simplicity really is best and this classic spring combination of salmon, asparagus and new...