Cheat’s falafel wraps with tzatziki
- March 2010
- Serves 2
- Hands on time 15 minutes plus 10 minutes cooking time
These falafel wraps with tzatziki make for a quick and easy dinner that’s quick to rustle up when you cut corners by using a packet mix.
- 150g Al’Fez Falafel Mix (from Tesco and Waitrose)
- ½ cucumber
- 200g Greek-style natural yogurt
- Small handful fresh mint, chopped
- ¼ tsp ground cumin
- ½ small garlic clove, crushed
- 2 round Lebanese flatbreads
- 1 little gem lettuce, leaves separated
- Half-fill a saucepan or deep-fat fryer with vegetable oil and heat until a small cube of bread turns golden in 30 seconds.
- Make the falafels according to the packet instructions. Roll into balls and shallow-fry for 30 seconds until golden. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on kitchen paper.
- For the tzatziki, peel half the cucumber portion, remove the seeds and chop into small cubes. Place the finely chopped cucumber in a bowl with the yogurt, mint, cumin and garlic, season well, mix and set aside. Roughly chop the rest of the cucumber and set aside.
- Warm the flatbreads for 20 seconds in the microwave, then lay flat on a work surface, line with lettuce leaves, top with hot falafels, drizzle with tzatziki and scatter with the chopped cucumber. Roll up to serve.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Possibly the quickest, easiest chocolate mousse recipe you’ll ever make. There are many hazelnut spreads...
Poached chicken and rice broth
A hearty broth recipe that’s low in fat, full of flavour and ready in just...