Cheat’s Middle Eastern lamb
- June 2010
- Serves 2
- Ready in 12-15 min
A lamb recipe with a difference, this uses a few shop-bought ingredients to create a flavoursome dinner for two people.
- Dairy-free recipes
- 1 x 150g pack wholegrain couscous
- ½ tbsp redcurrant jelly
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 400g (4-6) lamb cutlets
- 100g baby plum tomatoes, halved
- 50g unsalted cashews, toasted
- Small bunch fresh mint, finely chopped
- ½ small red onion, finely sliced
- Preheat the grill to medium. Cook the couscous in a large bowl, according to the pack instructions, and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together the redcurrant jelly and sesame seeds, then brush over the cutlets on both sides, to coat. Arrange the cutlets on a grill rack, then grill for 2-3 minutes on each side, depending on how pink you like them.
- Meanwhile, add the tomatoes, cashews, mint and red onion to the couscous. Season. Using a fork, fluff up the grains and mix together. Serve the couscous with the grilled lamb chops.
If there’s leftover couscous, mix it with some feta for a simple lunchbox.
Rate & review