Cheat’s pesto pasta
- April 2009
- 175g frozen mixed peas and beans
- 300g orecchiette pasta or other small pasta
- 50g ready-sliced chorizo, cut into strips
- A drizzle of olive oil
- A heaped spoonful of fresh pesto (we like Sacla)
- A handful of fresh basil leaves
- 2 thick slices of crusty bread
- Ready-made garlic butter
- Parmesan shavings, to serve
- Preheat the grill to medium and bring a large pan of salted water to the boil. Blanch the peas and beans in the water for 30 seconds, then remove with a slotted spoon and plunge into iced water. Remove the skins from the broad beans, and set aside.
- Add the pasta to the boiling water and cook according to pack instructions until al dente.
- Dry-fry chorizo in a pan until crispy, add the blanched peas and beans and cook for a further 2 minutes. Drain the pasta, season, and toss with the chorizo, beans and a drizzle of olive oil. Stir in a heaped spoonful of fresh pesto and a handful fresh basil leaves.
- Meanwhile, pop 2 thick slices crusty bread under the grill until toasted on 1 side. Turn over, spread the untoasted side with ready-made garlic butter and grill until melted and crisp. Serve alongside the pasta, with Parmesan shavings, if you like.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...