Cheat’s spicy lamb steaks with coconut and broad bean rice
- May 2006
- 400ml can coconut milk
- 2 tbsp curry paste (we like Geeta’s Kashmiri Curry Creation, from Sainsbury’s Special Selection)
- 150g basmati rice
- 200g frozen broad beans
- 4 lamb leg steaks
- Few mint leaves, to serve
- Pour the coconut milk into a saucepan and stir in 11/2 tablespoons of the curry paste. Add the basmati rice and cook gently, uncovered, for 12 minutes or until just tender. The rice will absorb most of the coconut milk, leaving you with a lovely risotto-like mixture.
- Meanwhile, cook the broad beans in boiling salted water for 2-3 minutes, until tender. Drain and stir into the rice.
- Brush the lamb leg steaks using the remaining curry paste and grill for 8-10 minutes until tender, turning once. Divide the rice between plates and top with the lamb. Garnish with the mint leaves.
Rate & review
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter