Cheat’s sticky ribs
- April 2008
- Serves 4
- Takes 30 minutes to make and 15 minutes to grill
Recreate American-style diner food at home, with this fuss-free sticky ribs recipe that uses a bottle of ready-made sauce to help save you some time.
- 1.2kg spare ribs
- 800g floury potatoes
- 200g tub light cream cheese with garlic and herbs
- 100ml milk, warmed
- 275g bottle honey barbecue sauce
- Green beans, to serve
- Cover the ribs with cold water in a large saucepan and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat, cover partially and simmer gently for 30 minutes. Drain in a colander. Preheat the grill to medium.
- Meanwhile, put the potatoes into a pan, cover with cold salted water and bring to the boil over a medium heat. Reduce the temperature slightly and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until tender. Drain well and mash until smooth. Season well and beat in the cream cheese and milk using a wooden spoon. Continue to beat vigorously until light and fluffy. Cover and keep warm.
- Spread the ribs out in a single layer in a foil-lined roasting tin. Pour over the barbecue sauce and grill for 15 minutes, turning every 3 minutes.
- Serve with a generous spoonful of mash and some steamed green beans, if you like.
Rate & review