Cheat’s teriyaki chicken
- August 2010
- Serves 2
- Takes 15 minutes to make, 12 minutes to cook, plus marinating
A simplified recipe for teryaki chicken, served with egg-fried rice, so you can enjoy a quick supper full of Asian flavours.
- 2 skinless free-range chicken breasts, lightly bashed with a rolling pin to flatten
- 3 tbsp teriyaki marinade (we like Kikkoman Teriyaki Marinade)
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 250g steamed basmati rice (we like Tilda)
- 4 spring onions, finely sliced
- 75g frozen petit pois, defrosted
- 50g roasted peppers in oil, drained and chopped
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 large free-range egg, beaten
- Lime wedges to serve
- Place the chicken breasts in a bowl and coat in the teriyaki marinade and 1 tbsp of the sesame oil. Cover and leave in the fridge for 20 minutes or longer if possible.
- Heat a wok with the remaining sesame oil over a high heat and add the rice. Stir-fry for 4 minutes, then add the spring onions, petit pois, chopped peppers and soy sauce. Heat through for a couple of minutes, then add the egg, stirring quickly until the egg is cooked and scrambled through the rice.
- Meanwhile, heat a griddle over a high heat, then cook the chicken breasts for 3-4 minutes on each side or until cooked through. Serve with the egg-fried rice and lime wedges, for squeezing over.
Rate & review