Breaded chicken with stir-fried cabbage and sprouts
- December 2014
- 50g plain flour
- 100g fresh white breadcrumbs
- 1 lemon
- Handful fresh flatleaf parsley
- 1 large free-range egg
- 4 free-range chicken breasts
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 200g red cabbage
- 250g brussels sprouts
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- Put the flour in a bowl and season. Put the breadcrumbs in a separate bowl and grate in the zest of the lemon. Finely chop the parsley, then add half to the breadcrumbs. Beat the egg in a third bowl.
- Flatten the chicken breasts by bashing them with a rolling pin between 2 sheets of cling film until they’re about 2cm thick. Coat the flattened chicken in the flour, then the egg, then the breadcrumbs.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a large pan and, when hot, fry the coated chicken for 6-8 minutes on each side until golden and cooked. Transfer to a warmed plate and cover with foil.
- Finely slice the cabbage and sprouts to shred. Heat the remaining 1 tbsp oil in a pan, then stir-fry the vegetables for 5 minutes. Squeeze in the juice of the lemon, then stir through the mustard. Serve the veg with the chicken.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Easy dinner recipes and ideas
Chicken schnitzels with quick fennel and apple sauerkraut
These chicken schnitzels take just 30 minutes to make, making...
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter