Breaded chicken with stir-fried cabbage and sprouts
- December 2014
- 50g plain flour
- 100g fresh white breadcrumbs
- 1 lemon
- Handful fresh flatleaf parsley
- 1 large free-range egg
- 4 free-range chicken breasts
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 200g red cabbage
- 250g brussels sprouts
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- Put the flour in a bowl and season. Put the breadcrumbs in a separate bowl and grate in the zest of the lemon. Finely chop the parsley, then add half to the breadcrumbs. Beat the egg in a third bowl.
- Flatten the chicken breasts by bashing them with a rolling pin between 2 sheets of cling film until they’re about 2cm thick. Coat the flattened chicken in the flour, then the egg, then the breadcrumbs.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a large pan and, when hot, fry the coated chicken for 6-8 minutes on each side until golden and cooked. Transfer to a warmed plate and cover with foil.
- Finely slice the cabbage and sprouts to shred. Heat the remaining 1 tbsp oil in a pan, then stir-fry the vegetables for 5 minutes. Squeeze in the juice of the lemon, then stir through the mustard. Serve the veg with the chicken.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Easy dinner ideas
Chicken schnitzels with quick fennel and apple sauerkraut
These chicken schnitzels take just 30 minutes to make, making them perfect for a fuss-free...