Chicken parcels with capers, peppers and new potatoes
- November 2012
- 250g charlotte potatoes, halved or quartered if large
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 free-range chicken breasts with skin on
- 2 tbsp capers, drained and rinsed
- 290g jar roasted peppers, drained, torn into thin pieces
- 1 red onion, cut into slim wedges
- 6 fresh thyme sprigs
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. Put the potatoes in a medium pan of boiling salted water, then simmer for 10 minutes until just cooked through. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a non-stick frying pan over a high heat. Season the chicken breasts, then sear, skin-side down, for 1-2 minutes until golden. Cut two large squares each of foil and baking paper, then lay each square of baking paper over a piece of foil.
- Toss the potatoes, capers, peppers, red onion and thyme together in a bowl with some seasoning and the remaining oil. Divide between the two squares, then top each with a chicken breast. Fold and seal the parcels well, put on a baking tray and cook in the oven for 25-30 minutes until the chicken is cooked through. Serve the parcels on plates, then open and enjoy.
Rate & review