Chicory and walnut salad with tangerine dressing
- December 2012
- Serves 4
- Takes 25 minutes to make
This vegetarian winter salad recipe with chicory, walnut and tangerine dressing is crisp, tangy and quick to make.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 14.7g (1.9g saturated)
- 5.2g (2.9g sugars)
- 4 chicory, leaves separated
- 50g walnut halves, toasted
For the dressing
- 2 tangerines
- 30ml olive oil
- Splash of white wine vinegar
- First, make the dressing. Finely grate the zest from the tangerine and put in a bowl. Juice both tangerines, then pour into a small pan. Simmer until reduced by half, then add to the bowl with the zest. Whisk in the oil and vinegar, then chill.
- To serve, put the chicory and walnuts in a bowl, season and toss with the dressing. Serve immediately.
Make the dressing the day before, then store in a lidded jar in the fridge.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Vegetarian Christmas dinner recipes
Roasted mushrooms with romesco and butter bean purée
A vegetarian main course recipe that doesn’t scrimp on flavour and so versatile you can...
Vegetarian Christmas starter recipes
Baked camembert with honey, granola and rye crackers
This isn’t your run-of-the-mill baked camembert recipe. We’ve combined an oozy baked cheese with the...