Chicory and walnut salad with tangerine dressing
- December 2012
- Serves 4
- Takes 25 minutes to make
This vegetarian winter salad recipe with chicory, walnut and tangerine dressing is crisp, tangy and quick to make.
- 14.7g (1.9g saturated)
- 5.2g (2.9g sugars)
- 4 chicory, leaves separated
- 50g walnut halves, toasted
For the dressing
- 2 tangerines
- 30ml olive oil
- Splash of white wine vinegar
- First, make the dressing. Finely grate the zest from the tangerine and put in a bowl. Juice both tangerines, then pour into a small pan. Simmer until reduced by half, then add to the bowl with the zest. Whisk in the oil and vinegar, then chill.
- To serve, put the chicory and walnuts in a bowl, season and toss with the dressing. Serve immediately.
Make the dressing the day before, then store in a lidded jar in the fridge.
Rate & review
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter