Chorizo, cannellini and sage orecchiette with breadcrumbs
- November 2016
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 15 min, oven time 25 min
A quick and easy pasta recipe that is on the table and ready to eat in 40 minutes. Meaty, herby and covered in breadcrumbs – it’s a guaranteed family favourite.
- 31.4g (9.1g saturated)
- 35.7g protein
- 87.8g (3.1g sugars)
- 2.3g salt
- 250g cooking chorizo (mild or hot), cut into small cubes
- 2 x 400g tins cannellini beans, drained and rinsed, patted dry
- Olive oil for drizzling
- Bunch fresh sage, leaves picked
- 4 tbsp dried breadcrumbs
- 300g orecchiette
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Zest and juice 1 lemon
- Grated parmesan to serve
- Heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6. Put the chorizo and beans into a large roasting tin and spread out evenly. Drizzle over a little olive oil and roast for 25 minutes, turning once, until the chorizo is crisp and cooked through. Add the sage leaves for the last 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, spread the dried breadcrumbs on a separate baking tray and bake for 10-15 minutes until golden. Set aside.
- Around 12 minutes before the end of the chorizo cooking time, cook the pasta in plenty of boiling salted water until al dente. Drain the pasta, then put in a large mixing bowl. Toss the chorizo and bean mixture through the pasta with a good drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil and the lemon zest and juice, breaking up the sage into smaller pieces. Divide among 4 bowls, scatter with the breadcrumbs, then serve with a grating of parmesan.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Alternative barbecue recipes
Prawn and chorizo skewers with yogurt, chickpeas and rocket
Our juicy prawn and chorizo skewers are an easy barbecue recipe with bags of flavour....
Recipes with chorizo
Roast sweet potato, chorizo and onion hash with poached eggs
Eggs are a particularly filling, protein-rich food. They’re also one of the few foods that...