Chorizo, cannellini and sage orecchiette with breadcrumbs
- November 2016
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 15 min, oven time 25 min
A quick and easy pasta recipe that is on the table and ready to eat in 40 minutes. Meaty, herby and covered in breadcrumbs – it’s a guaranteed family favourite.
- 31.4g (9.1g saturated)
- 35.7g protein
- 87.8g (3.1g sugars)
- 2.3g salt
- 250g cooking chorizo (mild or hot), cut into small cubes
- 2 x 400g tins cannellini beans, drained and rinsed, patted dry
- Olive oil for drizzling
- Bunch fresh sage, leaves picked
- 4 tbsp dried breadcrumbs
- 300g orecchiette
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Zest and juice 1 lemon
- Grated parmesan to serve
- Heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6. Put the chorizo and beans into a large roasting tin and spread out evenly. Drizzle over a little olive oil and roast for 25 minutes, turning once, until the chorizo is crisp and cooked through. Add the sage leaves for the last 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, spread the dried breadcrumbs on a separate baking tray and bake for 10-15 minutes until golden. Set aside.
- Around 12 minutes before the end of the chorizo cooking time, cook the pasta in plenty of boiling salted water until al dente. Drain the pasta, then put in a large mixing bowl. Toss the chorizo and bean mixture through the pasta with a good drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil and the lemon zest and juice, breaking up the sage into smaller pieces. Divide among 4 bowls, scatter with the breadcrumbs, then serve with a grating of parmesan.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Recipes using chickpeas
Warm squash, chorizo and chickpea salad with caramelised onions
Roasted squash pairs perfectly with chorizo and chickpeas in this warming winter salad recipe.