Cod and chorizo stew
- September 2010
- Serves 4
- Takes 10 minutes to make, 20 minutes to cook
This Spanish-style stew recipe is quick to make and can be frozen so make a batch and freeze some for another supper.
- Dairy-free recipes
- 12.7g (3.4g saturated)
- 14.9g (6g sugars)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 120g sliced cooking chorizo
- 1 large onion
- 1 tsp hot smoked paprika
- A pinch of chilli flakes
- 75ml white wine
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 100g sliced roasted peppers
- 200g tinned chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
- 450g sustainable skinless cod fillet
- A handful of chopped fresh flatleaf parsley
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan, add the chorizo and fry until just starting to crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon to a bowl and set aside.
- Finely the onion then, in the same pan, soften it for 8 minutes over a low heat. Stir through the paprika and the chilli flakes and cook for 2 minutes more. Add the white wine, chopped tomatoes, roasted peppers and chickpeas. Season well, mix and bring to a simmer.
- Chop the cod fillet into large chunks and add to the pan along with the crisp chorizo. Bubble gently for 3 minutes or until the cod is just cooked through. Taste and adjust the seasoning, if need be. Sprinkle over a handful of chopped fresh flatleaf parsley and serve with creamy mash or garlic bread.
To freeze: make the sauce, then cool. Mix in the uncooked cod and freeze. Defrost before finishing the recipe.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Tomato, olive and rosemary cod with stir-fried greens
With a tomato and olive sauce, this quick and easy cod recipe has a taste...