Crab and avocado tostadas with jalapeño salsa verde
- April 2015
- Serves 2
- Hands-on time 30 min
Give crab the Mexican treatment with this quick and easy tostada recipe.
- 38.9g (8.3g saturated)
- 66.9g (8.6g sugars)
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- juice of 2-3 limes
- 2 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 4 corn tortillas
- 2-3 fresh jalapeños (or other medium-hot green chillies), finely chopped
- Large bunch of fresh coriander, chopped
- Large bunch of fresh mint, chopped
- 2 avocados, stoned and peeled
- 100g white crabmeat (see our how-to video below)
- Chilli salsa to serve
- Toss the onion with the lime juice, sugar and salt. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over a medium-high heat, then fry the tortillas, one at a time, for 1 minute or so on each side until golden, shaking any excess oil back into the pan. Push each tortilla into a small cereal bowl to form a cup, then leave to crisp up.
- Add the chillis, coriander and mint to the onion. Stir to combine and season to taste. Divide the avocado among the tostadas. Season and top with the crabmeat and a dollop of chilli salsa. Serve with the extra salsa on the side.
Rate & review