Crab, avocado and bacon salad
- August 2006
- 135g bag watercress, rocket and spinach salad
- 1 ripe avocado, stoned, peeled and sliced
- 30g pine nuts, toasted
- 40g cooked crispy bacon, broken up
- 100g fresh white crab meat (see how-to video below) or 170g can white crab meat in brine, drained
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Divide the salad between 2 large serving plates. Dot over the avocado, pine nuts and bacon, then top with the crab meat.
- In a small bowl, whisk the olive oil and lemon juice. Season to taste and drizzle over the salad to serve.
Rate & review
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter