Crab salad with ciabatta toasts
- December 2007
- Serves 6
- Ready in 20 minutes
This crab salad recipe is bursting with zesty flavours of chilli and lime, serve it with ciabatta toast for the perfect midweek meal.
- 18.7g (2.6g saturated)
- 11.2g (1.3g sugar)
- 4-6 ciabatta slices, cut diagonally from a small loaf
- 75ml extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra for brushing
- Juice of 1 lime, plus lime wedges to serve
- 3 spring onions, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp good quality mayonnaise
- Handful each fresh chives finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 300g fresh white crab meat, any shell discarded (see our how-to video below)
- Mixed baby salad leaves, to serve
- Preheat the grill to medium. Put the ciabatta slices on a large baking tray, season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and brush all over the extra olive oil. Grill for about 1 minutes each side, until golden. Set aside on a wire rack to cool.
- In a bowl, mix together the remaining 75ml oil, lime juice, spring onions, mayonnaise, fresh herbs and chopped red chilli. Season to taste and set aside to infuse for 5 minutes.
- Put the crab meat into a large bowl and gradually mix in the herb and chilli mixture to bing.Season to taste.
- Place a handful of the salad leaves onto 4-6 serving plates and spoon the crab mixture alongside. Serve with the ciabatta toasts and extra lime wedges to squeeze over.
To make this light crab recipe into a more substantial meal, toss through 400g cooked and drained pasta.
Rate & review