Chilli and lime tiger prawns with fried courgettes
- July 2022
- Serves 1
- Hands-on time 20 min, plus oven time 10 min
Serve these sizzling lime and chilli prawns with golden, pan-fried courgettes and mayo. This delicious dinner for one is ready in 30 mins.
Check out more incredible solo suppers in our collection of delicious recipes for one person.
- 39.9g (13.6g saturated)
- 15.4g (3.1g sugars)
- 6 whole sustainable tiger prawns
- 2 limes, grated zest and juice
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium courgette
- 2 tsp semolina
- 1 tsp cornflour
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 20g butter
- Pinch of chilli flakes
- Black pepper
- Lime wedges
- Toss the tiger prawns with half the grated lime zest and juice of 1 lime, crushed garlic and olive oil. Set aside to marinate for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the oven to 200°C fan/gas 7. Slice the courgette into 0.5cm rounds. Toss with the semolina, cornflour, pinch of salt and vegetable oil. Transfer to a baking tray and roast for 10-12 minutes until golden. Heat the grill to high. Grill the prawns for 3-5 minutes on each side until just cooked through. In a small pan, melt the butter with the remaining grated lime zest and juice, a pinch of chilli flakes and some black pepper until sizzling. When the prawns and courgettes are done, remove and drizzle with the chilli lime butter. Serve immediately with a dollop of mayo and lime wedges
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Avocados, prawns and mango with coriander dressing
Avocados, prawns and mango with coriander dressing sit beautifully together...
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter