Creamy pea and bacon spaghetti
- October 2012
- Serves 4
- Hands on time 20 mins
This pasta dish uses up store cupboard ingredients for a cheap and delicious midweek supper.
- 33.7g (14.9g saturated)
- 76.5g (6.1g sugars)
- 400g spaghetti
- 2 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 150g streaky bacon, sliced
- 200g frozen peas
- 30g parmesan, grated, plus extra to serve
- 100ml double cream
- Cook the spaghetti according to the pack instructions until al dente. Drain, reserving 1 tbsp of the cooking water, then return the pasta to the pan and drizzle with olive oil.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a large frying pan, add the onion and fry for 5 minutes until soft. Add the streaky bacon and fry until the onion is golden and the bacon is crisp.
- Meanwhile, cook the frozen peas in a pan of boiling water for 1 minute. Drain, then quickly blitz with a stick blender (or use a potato masher), adding half the grated parmesan and a drizzle of olive oil. Set aside.
- Add the cream to the pan with the onion and bacon, season, then mix with the spaghetti, blitzed/mashed peas and the remaining parmesan. Top with extra grated parmesan.
Rate & review