Easy ricotta-stuffed chicken breasts
- January 2016
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 25 min, oven time 30 min
The flavours of sun-dried tomato and fresh basil in this gluten-free recipe gives a Mediterranean feel to a midweek chicken dinner.
- Gluten-free recipes
- 22.2g(7.8g saturated)
- 42.2g(5.6g sugars)
- Olive oil for roasting, frying and dressing
- 4 large floury potatoes
- 3 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 100g semi-dried tomatoes, squeezed of excess oil and juice, chopped
- Handful fresh basil, chopped
- 150g ricotta
- Grated zest and juice 1 lemon
- 50g parmesan, finely grated
- 4 large free-range chicken breasts, skin on
- Salad leaves to serve
- Heat the oven to 220°C/200°C fan/gas 7. Pour a thin layer of oil into a shallow baking tray, then put in the oven to heat up. Chop the potatoes into 2cm cubes. When the oil is very hot carefully add the potatoes to the tray, season generously with salt and pepper, then roast for 30 minutes, tossing once or twice.
- Meanwhile heat a little oil in a frying pan over a low heat and cook the garlic for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until soft but not coloured. Scoop out the garlic with a slotted spoon, leaving the oil behind, then set the pan aside. Put the garlic in a bowl, then add the semi-dried tomatoes, basil, ricotta, lemon zest and some of the juice, and the parmesan. Season and mix.
- Put the pan with the garlicky oil over a high heat and sear the chicken on each side until golden. Remove to a board and slice into the top of the chicken breasts, so they open out like a book. Stuff with the ricotta mix. Put on top of the potatoes for the last 15 minutes of the cooking time and roast until the chicken is cooked through.
- Dress salad leaves with olive oil and a squeeze of lemon juice, then season. Serve with the roast chicken and potatoes.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Chicken salad recipes
Harissa chicken with bulgur wheat and parsley salad
Add flavour to plain chicken breasts in a flash. This harissa chicken is served with...