Easy roasted shallot and parsnip lentil salad
- March 2016
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 15 min, oven time 40 min
Honey-roasted shallots and parsnips are combined with green lentils, rocket and parsley in this hearty salad recipe.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 16.3g (3.1g saturated)
- 20.6g (8.9g sugars)
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 3 shallots, finely sliced
- 250g parsnips, chopped
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp clear honey
- Juice 1½ lemons
- 2 x 400g tins green lentils, rinsed thoroughly and drained
- 100g rocket
- Large bunch fresh flatleaf parsley
- 20g parmesan (or vegetarian alternative), shaved with a vegetable peeler
- Heat the oven to 200°C/ 180°C fan/gas 6. Put 2 tbsp oil in a large roasting tray and add the shallots, parsnips, red wine vinegar and honey. Season generously with salt and pepper, then roast for 40 minutes until golden and crisp.
- Meanwhile, mix the remaining 2 tbsp oil with the lemon juice and season with salt and pepper. Stir the dressing into the lentils along with the rocket and parsley. Mix in the roasted vegetables, season to taste, then top with the parmesan shavings to serve.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Stews, casseroles, pot-roasts and slow-roasts
Italian sausage and lentil stew (cotechino al’Inglese)
A recipe for a classic Italian sausage and lentil stew best served with that time-honoured...