Egg florentine fish pie
- September 2013
- 80g pack Sainsbury’s Taste the Difference Smoked Kipper Fillets, or similar
- 50g Sainsbury’s frozen chopped spinach or similar, defrosted and squeezed of excess water
- 400g Sainsbury’s Ready Mashed Potato, or similar, warmed through (see pack instructions)
- 1 medium free-range egg
- 200ml double cream
- Pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. Bring a pan of water to the boil, then hardboil the egg for 8 minutes.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and rinse under cold water. Peel the egg and slice into quarters, then set aside.
- Pour the double cream into a pan, stir in the nutmeg, then set over a medium heat. Bring to the boil, then turn down the heat and simmer for 5 minutes until thickened. Flake in the kipper fillets, removing any bones you find, then stir in the mustard and spinach. Season well, then pour into 2 x 350ml ovenproof dishes. Add 2 egg quarters to each dish.
- Top the pies with the warm mashed potato, sprinkle over the parmesan, then cook in the oven for 20 minutes until the pie is bubbling at the edges and the mash is golden and crisp.
Rate & review