Garlic squid and prawns with black linguine
- October 2006
- Serves 4
- Ready in 15 min
This Italian dish using squid ink linguine and prawns is quick to make using time-saving ingredients.
- 14.8g (2.4g saturated)
- 63.4g (6.6g sugar)
- 400g prepared small squid (ask your fishmonger to clean them for you)
- 300g squid ink linguine (from Sainsbury’s Special Selection and Italian delis) or regular linguine
- 4 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 300g large, peeled raw prawns with tail-shells on
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- Bunch of spring onions, sliced
- 300g baby tomatoes, halved
- 50g bag fresh wild rocket
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Cut along 1 side of each squid pouch and open them out flat. Using a sharp knife, score the inner sides in a diamond pattern, then cut the flesh into 5cm pieces. Set aside the squid pieces with the tentacles.
- Cook the linguine in lightly salted boiling water for about 8 minutes or until al dente. Drain, reserving a little of the cooking liquid.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large frying pan over a high heat. Add the squid and cook for 2 minutes or until golden and lightly caramelised. Lift out and set aside. Add the prawns, garlic and spring onions and cook for 2 minutes, then add the tomatoes and cook for a further 1-2 minutes or until the prawns are cooked through. Add the squid and toss lightly.
- Stir the rocket and a splash of the reserved pasta cooking liquid through the linguine. Add the seafood and tomato mixture to the linguine. Season well, add the lemon juice and divide between 4 bowls. Drizzle with the extra oil to serve.
Rate & review