Green bean and ricotta three-grain risotto
- August 2013
- Serves 2
- Takes 5 min to make, 30 minutes to cook
This quick vegetarian risotto recipe uses time-saving ingredients making it perfect for mid-week cooking.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 50g Tesco Fresh & Easy diced onion, or similar
- 150g Riso Gallo 3 Grains Italian rice, spelt and barley, or similar
- 100g Tesco Fairtrade fine trimmed beans, or similar, halved
- 2 knobs of butter
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Splash of dry white wine
- 300ml vegetable stock, hot
- 100g ricotta
- Finely grated zest and juice of ½ lemon
- Grated parmesan to serve
- Melt a knob of butter in a large pan, then add the chopped onion and sweat for 10 minutes or until soft. Add the garlic and cook for another minute, then stir through the grains.
- Turn up the heat, add the white wine, simmer for another 2 minutes or until all the liquid has been absorbed, then add a splash of stock. Keep adding a little more stock as each addition is absorbed, stirring all the time, until the grains are tender but still have a bit of bite.
- Meanwhile, bring a pan of water to the boil and cook the beans for 3 minutes or until tender. Drain and refresh under cold water.
- When the grains are cooked, stir in the beans, ricotta, lemon zest and the remaining butter. Season well and serve in ?bowls with a squeeze of lemon juice and a sprinkle of grated parmesan.
Next time… Make the most of summer’s bounty by adding peas, spinach or courgettes – or whatever green vegetables take your fancy
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
No-stir risotto with radishes, asparagus and artichokes
You read that right – no stir. The oven does all the hard work with...
Vegetarian risotto recipes
Goat’s cheese and barley risotto with winter greens
We’ve swapped rice for pearl barley in this cheesy risotto recipe for a slightly nuttier...