Green bean and ricotta three-grain risotto
- August 2013
- Serves 2
- Takes 5 min to make, 30 minutes to cook
This quick vegetarian risotto recipe uses time-saving ingredients making it perfect for mid-week cooking.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 50g Tesco Fresh & Easy diced onion, or similar
- 150g Riso Gallo 3 Grains Italian rice, spelt and barley, or similar
- 100g Tesco Fairtrade fine trimmed beans, or similar, halved
- 2 knobs of butter
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Splash of dry white wine
- 300ml vegetable stock, hot
- 100g ricotta
- Finely grated zest and juice of ½ lemon
- Grated parmesan to serve
- Melt a knob of butter in a large pan, then add the chopped onion and sweat for 10 minutes or until soft. Add the garlic and cook for another minute, then stir through the grains.
- Turn up the heat, add the white wine, simmer for another 2 minutes or until all the liquid has been absorbed, then add a splash of stock. Keep adding a little more stock as each addition is absorbed, stirring all the time, until the grains are tender but still have a bit of bite.
- Meanwhile, bring a pan of water to the boil and cook the beans for 3 minutes or until tender. Drain and refresh under cold water.
- When the grains are cooked, stir in the beans, ricotta, lemon zest and the remaining butter. Season well and serve in ?bowls with a squeeze of lemon juice and a sprinkle of grated parmesan.
Next time… Make the most of summer’s bounty by adding peas, spinach or courgettes – or whatever green vegetables take your fancy
Rate & review