Griddled salmon with papaya and mango salsa
- April 2009
- Serves 4
- Takes 20 minutes to make and 12 minutes to cook
A low calorie supper recipe combining salmon with a refreshing tropical fruit salsa. Delicious!
- 22.2g (3.7 saturated)
- 7.7g (5.3g sugar)
- 1 small mango
- 1 small papaya
- Juice of 1 lime, plus lime wedges to garnish
- ¼-½ hot Thai red chilli, to taste, finely diced
- Small bunch of fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 x 150g salmon fillets with skin
- Peel the mango and cut away the flesh from the stone in 4 segments. Finely dice and place in a bowl. Peel the papaya, cut in half and scoop out the seeds. Finely dice the flesh and mix into the mango. Add the lime juice, chilli and coriander to taste, then lightly season with salt and freshly ground pepper and set aside.
- Preheat a griddle pan (or regular frying pan) over a medium heat. Lightly oil and season the salmon fillets. Cook, flesh side down, for 4-6 minutes, before turning over and cooking for another 4-6 minutes or until the salmon is just cooked through. Serve with the salsa and garnish with lime wedges.
Rate & review